What's new in GrainGenes in 2002?
- Wheat and barley EST hits to rice BAC/PACs, from Lenny Teytelman of Gramene.
Updated, 5 October -- now 160,000 hits.
- EST-SSRs, from Ju-Kyung Yu, Ramesh Kantety, Mauricio LaRota and Mark Sorrells
16,000 microsatellite-containing ESTs from wheat, barley, rice, maize and
sorghum. Organized in 530 cross-species "superclusters" by sequence similarity.
- TREP, the Triticeae Repeat Sequence Database, from Thomas Wicker
Including annotation for each repeat element. Release 4, October 2002
- GenBank data for all Triticeae sequences through GenBank Release 130.
Thanks to NCBI!
Example sequence: BE425306
- Some GrainGenes maps have been incorporated into both Gramene and NCBI, which have developed good Web displays for them.
These maps are now linked from GrainGenes to these external databases. See
"Barley, SxM" for example.
- Reserved Laboratory Designators for DNA Probes, Primers and Markers,
from Katrien Devos and Jorge Dubcovsky
Updates for 2000-2001. The authors are now keeping the master list at
GrainGenes so it can be updated more frequently.
- Map_Data "Ae. longissima, YxY"
59 RFLP probes mapped in Aegilops longissima accessions Y154-1 x Y431-1
- Map_Data "Rye, P87 x P105, update""
Extension of the original Secale-PxP maps by 51 RFLPs, 18 isozyme and protein markers and 13 microsatellite markers.
- Map_Data "T.turgidum, Tamgurt x Cham1"
Durum maps with 306 markers, including 138 RFLPs, 26 SSRs, 134 AFLPs, 5 SSPs.
- Map_Data "H. bulbosum, PB1 x PB11"
Hordeum bulbosum maps with 132 RFLP markers.
- Map_Data "Rye, Ds2 x RxL10, RAPD"
69 RAPD and 12 isozyme markers added to the Ds2 x RxL10 map.
- 2_Point_Data "Reference: TAG-102-504"
Russian wheat aphid resistance genes in wheat linked to microsatellite markers.
- Map_Data "Barley, HxM basemap"
Harrington x Morex map with 94 RFLP, AFLP and gene loci plus 28 QTLs for malting quality.
2_Point_Data "Reference: TAG-100-1095"
Mapping of a major gene for non-specific adult-plant disease resistance against stripe rust (Puccinia striiformis) in wheat
- Linkage_Data "Map of the Q locus of spelt wheat on chromosome 5A.
- Map_Data "Wheat, Synthetic x Opata, SSR2
Mapping of 66 new microsatellite (SSR) loci on the ITMI mapping population.