What's new in GrainGenes in 2003?
- New, Sep 19 185 cfa and cfd SSRs from Pierre Sourdille.
With map positions in Synthetic x Opata and Courtot x Chinese Spring.
- New, Oct 17 EST-SSRs from Cornell and Kansas State U.
Ca. 400 primer pairs, with test results, including map positions in wheat
and rice where possible.
- New, Oct 24 544 BARC SSRs from Rick Ward.
Many not previously published.
- New, Nov 21 45 sugarcane SSRs (STMSs) from N.K. Singh and Vivek Dalal.
- New, Nov 22 13,000 wheat, barley and rice EST-SSR primer pairs, from Mauricio La Rota.
Designed with Primer3 and available for testing.
- Map_Data "Wheat, SxS, FHB QTL"
25 loci and 5 QTLs for FHB by single spikelet inoculation.
- Map_Data "Wheat, WxM, FHB QTL"
68 loci and 6 QTLs for FHB field resistance, single floret injection and DON accumulation.
- Map_Data "Wheat, Synthetic x Opata, BARC"
1410 loci including 222 BARC microsatellite markers mapping onto the SxO population
- Map_Data "Barley, TxE"
166 loci mapped onto a population of Tadmor (drought tolerant) x Er/Apm (susceptible)
- Map_Data "T.turgidum, JK x Cham1, 2"
Durum population to map drought tolerance related markers.
- Map_Data "Oat, KxO, 2003"
Update of the Kanota x Ogle population with the addition of 607 new markers.
- Linkage_Data 5AL, CS x CS-TDIC DS5A"
Q gene mapped on 5AL using AFLP and differential mRNA display on Chinese Spring deletion lines.
- Map_Data "Wheat, Physical, Group 5"
Physical mapping on group 5A deletion lines of Chinese Spring. Regions of synteny to rice chromosomes are noted in the breakpoint_interval records.
- Linkage_Data 5AL, CS q deletions, physical"
Chromosome 5AL physical map and deletion patterns resulting in the 'q' germplasm set.
- 2_Point_Data for the Q gene from AFLP-based mRNA fingerprinting.
Links to these are found in the Reference record of Molecular and General Genetics 253:635-641.
- Markers for marker-assisted selection of seven traits in wheat.
With links to the MASwheat website
for additional details. From Marcelo Soria and Jorge Dubcovsky.
- High resolution map of the Vrn1 region -- genetic, physical and sequence.
0.8 cM, 556 kb, eight genes from T. monococcum chromosome 5AL. From Jorge Dubcovsky.
- Map_Data "Wheat, Physical"
Chinese Spring deletion-line maps of RFLP markers that have also been
placed on recombination-based maps.
- Map_Data "Wheat, Physical, EST"
Chinese Spring deletion-line maps of thousands of ESTs, from the NSF wheat
- Map_Data "Barley, AxHs/QTL"
Advanced backcross QTL analysis using microsatellite markers in Apex x
H. spontaneum. Thirteen yield and quality traits in up to six
environments. From Klaus Pillen.
- New, Oct 6 16,000 wheat EST loci mapped on Chinese Spring deletion
lines. From the US NSF wheat EST project.
Representing a map of this density is challenging. Here are our best
Previous "What's new in GrainGenes" editions