GrainGenes: Germplasm and Genetic Stocks
Germplasm and Genetic Stocks
|On this page:
Collections of genetic stocks
- Adam Lukaszewski's collection, UC Riverside Chinese Spring aneuploids, mutants; alien
substitutions, additions, translocations; deficiencies.
Pavon 76 aneuploids; rye substitutions, translocations. Recombinants with rye
(especially 1RS), Ae. speltoides, Agropyron elongatum. Monosomics of INIA 66,
Glennson, Grana, Wichita. ...
- USDA-ARS Cereal Crops Research Unit, Fargo, ND Durum wheat Langdon-derived substitution lines,
recombinant inbred substitution lines, synthetic hexaploids, ...
- Wheat Genetics Resource Center, Kansas State University Bread wheat addition lines, substitution lines, aneuploids, deletion lines, translocations, synthetic hexaploids, ...
- USDA-ARS National Small Grains Germplasm Research Facility Barley and wheat aneuploids
- Wheat Precise Genetic Stocks at JIC Wheat aneuploids, alien introductions, and intervarietal substitutions
- National BioResource Project, Japan Wheat aneuploids and deletion lines,
barley chromosome addition lines of wheat, ...
- Cereal Genebank, Martonvásár, Hungary Wheat monosomics, substitutions, ...
- Cytogenetic Tester Stock Collection, Gatersleben Wheat aneuploids, alien addition,
substitution and translocation lines; mutants of wheat,
rye, barley, triticale and grasses
- Genetic Stock Centre, Bulgaria Wheat, barley and rye aneuploids
- Evaluations and phenotyping
- CIMMYT International Nurseries, 1998 - Present
Phenotypic data collected and returned by CIMMYT cooperators, for all
bread wheat, durum wheat and triticale nurseries distributed by CIMMYT.
Barley data is provided through the cooperation
of the ICARDA/CIMMYT Barley Improvement Program.
- Uniform Regional Hard Red Spring Wheat Nursery
1970 - 2001
- Molecular and genetic
- Documents and datasets
- Annual Wheat Newsletter, W.J. Raupp, ed.
- Commercial Wheat Cultivars of the United States, K.D. Kephart, 1993
- Growth Staging of Wheat, Barley and Wild Oat, J.E. Nelson et al., 1995
- "Suggested Guidelines for the Nomenclature and Abbreviation of the Genetic Stocks of Wheat", W.J. Raupp et al.
- Wheat aneuploid types, B.S. Gill, 1992
- "Winter Wheat Production Manual" University of Saskatchewan
- "Small Grain Production"
Ohio Agronomy Guide, Bulletin 472.
- "Stripe rust in North America, 1968-87", R.F. Line and A. Qayoum, 1991
- Literature on Fusarium Head Blight of Wheat, R.D. Wilcoxson, 1995
- CIMMYT_wheat_abbreviations, B. Skovmand, 1993
- Descriptors for wheat genetic resources, Bioversity, 2009
- Wheat traits, Rating scales for standard
traits, from the wheat Crop Advisory Committee
- Wheat Genetics Resource Center Kansas State University
WGRC maintains and provides germplasm for improved sustainable crop production and publishes research articles on genetic studies, biotechnology and wheat breeding.
- The Wheat Page Kansas State University
Has sections on Research, Wheat Varieties, Economics and Bugets, Utilization, News, Weather & Markets, and lots more.
- Wheat and Small Grains Information University of Missouri
Growth & Development, Variety Testing, Genetics, Diseases, Insects, Weeds, and Quality.
- Minnesota Association of Wheat Growers,
- Utah State Small Grains Research
Contains info and data from the Utah Wheat Breeding and Genetics Program, including small grains performance trials and cultivar releases.
- Nebraska Wheat Quality Laboratory
- Michigan State University Wheat Variety Yield Trial Results
Multi-year agronomic, disease, and quality data.
- South Dakota State University Crop Variety Trials
- State variety trials
- More state variety trials
- WWW Documents
: Polymorphism datasets that include both unmapped and mapped polymorphisms are listed both here on the Germplasm and Genetic Stocks page and on the Maps and Map Data
- Image Gallery of the Oregon Wolfe Barleys
From Pat Hayes and Nils Stein.
- Microsatellite polymorphism in a sample of barley germplasm
From John Korte and Pat Hayes.
- Molecular polymorphisms from Adelaide, barley
From Angelo Karakousis, Peter Langridge, et al.
- Development of AFLP Markers in Barley
Sixteen barley lines x 34 primer combinations. From Xiaoquan Qi and Pim Lindhout, MGG 254:330, 1997.
- Barley Newsletter
From Rich Horsley.
- Barley Genetic Stocks
(Barley Genetics Newsletter vol. 26)
- Barley Genetic Stocks database
Gene and allele descriptions from the Barley Genetics Newsletter, compiled in database form by Udda Lundqvist and Morten Hulden. Supported in part by
the Nordic Gene Bank.
- ICARDA, International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas
- European Barley Database, Gatersleben, DE
- Barley DB, Okayama U., JP
Germplasm, Core Collection, and ESTs.
- Montana State University Barley Journal
Crop growth information for 1993 barley intrastate nurseries. From the Montana State University Barley Journal.
- Information from other Internet sites
- ARS National Plant Germplasm System (GRIN)
Look here to perform searches of the GRIN germplasm database!
- BBSRC Small Grain Cereal Collections
Database of passport data for the Triticum,
Hordeum and Avena collections maintained at the John Innes
Centre (Norwich UK).
- SHIGEN, SHared Information of GENetic resources, National Institute of Genetics, Japan
Genetic stock centers for several species, including wheat and rice.
- VIR database
Passport data on germplasm held at the N.I. Vavilov Scientific Research Institute of Plant Industry, Russia
- Genetic Stock Centre, Institute of Wheat and Sunflower Research, General Toshevo, Bulgaria
- Small Grains at UC Davis
This site contains Agronomy Progress Reports, Pest Management guidelines and much more.
- Oregon State Crop and Soil Science Department Page
Attractive site for the cereals. Sections on barley, oats, triticale, wheat, seed stocks, statistics, people, and more.
- Winter Cereal Production Website
from the University of Saskatoon, with subsections on winter wheat, winter rye, and winter triticale.
- Small Grain Production
Ohio Agronomy Guide, Bulletin 472. Mainly wheat, also oats, barley, triticale, rye.
- U. Georgia Small Grain Variety Performance Tests
University of Georgia, Griffin Campus