|In this page:
University Agronomy and Crop Science Websites
Agricultural Research Centers
- Adopt a Wheat Field This educational website has been developed by Professor James Shroyer at KSU. Progress of winter wheat growing in a wheat field on the Agronomy Farm near Manhattan, Kansas has been carefully documented from soil preparation, through seedling emergence and heading. Definitely worth a peek!
- AgDB: Agriculture-Related Information Systems, Databases, and Datasets, from NAL and AgNIC. An extremely large list of agriculture-related sites and databases
- The Agriculture Page is an excellent agriculture resource with sections devoted to weather, precision farming, gopher sites, and other agricultural sites on the Web
- American Society of Agronomy
- Cereal Diseases Laboratory, at the University of Minnesota, St. Paul, aims to "prevent epidemics of rust diseases of wheat, barley, and oat through effective use of resistance". Publications, Cereal Rust Bulletins, images, research data are available
- North Dakota Small Grains, A complete resource for small grain production in the Upper Midwest
- Oats Online
Extensive link library to oat related topics including production, taxonomy, breeding, pests, diseases and health effects.
- Oregon State Crop and Soil Science Department 'Cereals' Page, attractive new site for the cereals. Sections on barley, oats, triticale, wheat, seed stocks, statistics, people, and more
- University of Missouri Agronomy Extension Webserver, contains information on crops, agronomic characteristics, environmental factors, and links to agronomy web sites.
- University of Florida AgriGator Web Site is an excellent source for agricultural information with LOTS of links to related sites throughout the world
- University of Nebraska Wheat Quality Laboratory is a fun site with information on milling, bread-baking, Asian noodles, and wheat boards and organizations
- Utah Wheat Breeding Home Page contains info and data from the Utah Wheat Breeding and Genetics Program, including small grains performance trials and cultivar releases
- Washington State University - Cereals Variety Testing Web Site
- Wheat: The Big Picture The life cycle of wheat, from seed germination to harvest ripe. With hundreds of pictures. From the functional genomics group at U. Bristol.
- The Wheat Page at Kansas State University, is intended to be a site where you can go to learn 'anything' about wheat
- Winter Cereal Production Website, from the University of Saskatoon, with subsections on winter wheat, winter rye, and winter triticale
- U.S. Grain Marketing & Production Research Center
- Anchor Probes for Comparative Grass Species
- 1993 Montana State University Barley and Oat Performance Data: crop growth information for 1993 barley intrastate nurseries. From the Montana State University Barley Journal.
- 1995 Kentucky Small Grain Variety Trials: small grain performance tests from six agroclimatic regions in Kentucky
- 1995 Missouri Winter Wheat Performance Tests: a report summarizing winter wheat variety trials conducted throughout Missouri during the 1994-95 cropping season. A fully formatted on-line document with tables and illustrations!
- Wheat Diseases and Pests: A Guide for Field Identification describes over 50 major wheat and triticale diseases, insect pests, nematodes, physiologic and genetic disorders, and mineral and environmental stresses. Includes over 100 full-color pictures. Courtesy of CIMMYT
- NewCROP Articles on Grain Crops, from the Indiana Center for New Crops and Plant Products. Historical information, agronomic characteristics, botanical classifications, and uses for many grain crops
- U.S. Crop Acreage and Yield Maps, nice full-color maps of harvests and yield from the USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service
- Winter Wheat Production Manual, from the Winter Wheat Production Website at the University of Saskatoon, Canada.
Companies and Organizations
- Agriculture Network Information Center (AgNIC) AgNIC is a distributed network established by the National Agricultural Library in collaboration with land-grant universities to facilitate public access to agriculture-related information & subject specialists.
- ASA, CSSA, and SSSA, the American Society of Agronomy, the Crop Science Society of America, and the Soil Science Society of America provide this joint page with links to the individual organizations' home pages and with information about Society Services, Publications, Awards and Fellows and Membership
- The Grains Resource Database Links to several good resources about wheat - anatomy, uses, history, genes, and more.
- Croplife America (previously: American Crop Protection Association) represents companies that produce and distribute the active compounds used in crop protection chemicals
- American Phytopathological Society, an online service of APS with registration, publication, meeting and career information
- Enconair Home Page, plant growth chambers, plant growth rooms, tissue culture chambers and rooms, incubators, and seed germinators
- GAIN, the Global Agribusiness Information Network, "the Web's Most Comprehensive Source of FREE Ag Market Information"
- Haying Mantis, a site for those interested in large and intermediate square bale handling
- World Agricultural Information Centre, a United Nations effort to disseminate agricultural information around the world. Has several searchable databases containing extensive data from many countries
- Yahoo List of Agricultural Companies, under "Business and Economy:Companies:Agriculture"
Websites for Geneticists
Websites for Pathologists
- Cheap Colleges A free resource for affordable higher education.
- MolBiol.Net Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology Software Portal
- Genetics and Breeding Related Software. This site is provided by the Laboratory of Plant Breeding at Wageningen University. Freely downloadable software include Cross Checker, PhylTools, and ComBin, a new software for the creation of Ultra-Hi-Density genetic maps.
- CGIAR Home Page the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research, an international organization whose mission is to "harness modern science for the sustainable develoment of agriculture in developing countries."
- Community of Science Webserver designed to help scientists identify and locate researchers with interests and expertise similar to their own. Should be a huge resource