Avena Ave.A shortcut to oat data in GrainGenes and elsewhere
Quick Oat Queries in GrainGenes
- SSR markers from oat
- SSR markers mapped on oat
- STS markers from oat
- STS markers mapped on oat
- Data from Uniform Oat Performance Nurseries
Other oat links
Collaborative Oat Research Enterprise (CORE)
- June 20 - 23, 2011, 9th International Oat Conference
- Beijing, China
- September 1 - 3, 2010, 5th European Oat Conference
- Ystad, Sweden
- 8th International Oat Conference
28 June - 2 July, 2008, Minneapolis MN, USA
Registered Attendees of the Conference.
- Discussion of oat markers, PAG-XV, January 2007
- 2006 American Oat Workers Conference, Fargo ND
- Abstracts, from Doug Doehlert
- Proceedings, from Jean-Luc Jannink
- Photos of participants, by Steve Harrison
- Program, including posters.
- Oat Newsletter
- April 22, 2009: New Oat EST Sequences Available:
An additional 17,711 oat (Avena sativa L.) ESTs were submitted to the expressed sequence tags database (dbEST) of GenBank on April 20, 2009 (GenBank accession numbers GO581282-GO598990; GO599493-GO599494,
example: SEE ENTIRE OAT COLLECTION).
ESTs libraries were constructed for three seed development stages (watery, early milk and late milk/early dough) from the cultivar "CDC Dancer". Information regarding these libraries was presented at the 8th
International Oat Conference (June 28-July 2, 2008; Minneapolis, MN).
This work was carried out by the Crop Development Centre at the University of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon, SK, Canada) as part of a sequencing initiative, the Natural Products Genomic Resource (NAPGEN), supported with financial and in-kind assistance from the National Research Council Plant Biotechnology Institute (Saskatoon, SK, Canada), under its Plants for Health & Wellness Program. from Aaron Beattie.
- SSR polymorphism in A. sterilis, from Yong-Bi Fu.
- Inventory of oat markers, from Howard Rines and Nick Tinker.
PCR-based markers being tested for oat mapping.
- Additional oat markers, from Howard Rines.
- Oatgenes Database, from
Charlene Wight and Diane Bergeron.
Integrated maps and QTLs from many mapping populations.
- GELATO, from Diane Bergeron and Nick Tinker.
Graphical views of marker allele sizes in oat lines.
- CNL and KSUM EST-SSRs, from Ju-Kyung Yu et al.
Tested on wheat, barley, rice, maize and sorghum.
- International Oat Worker's Code of Ethics For Oat Germplasm Exchange
- POOL, Pedigrees of Oat Lines, from Jitka Deyl and Nick Tinker.
18000 germplasm records.
- Uniform Early and Midseason Oat Performance Nurseries, from U. Minnesota.
Performance data from state agricultural experiment stations and USDA, 1996 - date.
- EADB, European Avena Database, Julius Kühn-Institut, Quedlinburg, DE.
Passport, characterisation and evaluation data, 32000 oat accessions.
Meetings and newsletters
Markers and maps
Germplasm and characterization