Call for manuscripts to BGN Vol. 22
Barley Genetics Newsletter Vol. 22 will be published in the summer of 1993. Manuscripts will be accepted until January 31, 1993.
The contents to be included are as follows:
In preparation of manuscripts please read the following rules carefully and follow the instructions.
- Special notices
- Research notes
- Genetic and cytological techniques
- Reports from coordinators assigned at the International Barley Genetics Symposium
- Current linkage maps
- Description of genetic stocks
- List of genetic stocks
- List of recent publications on barley genetics
- Mailing list
Rules for Contributions to Barley Genetics Newsletter (BGN)
- The information in this Newsletter is of an informal nature to stimulate thought and to exchange ideas among barley geneticists. Before quoting any statements in the BGN, contact the contributor(s) involved with the following exception decided at the Second International Barley Genetics Symposium at Washington State University, Pullman, July 1969.
"With regard to symbols and stock designations, the Newsletter (BGN) concerned with symbols, stock lists, and linkage maps may be cited without permission..."
- Manuscripts should be written in English and should be brief.
- Manuscripts should be organized and printed so that they can be photocopied for inclusion in the BGN
- Prepare all linkage maps and/or figures (photos and line drawings) on a separate sheet from the text. This enables the editors to incorporate these items in appropriate places in the BGN. The figures should be prepared in the same way as the manuscript for journals. Line drawings and linkage maps should be original, NOT a photocopy.
- Typewritten original manuscript and one carbon or photocopy should be sent to the editor. The manuscript should be single spaced with a double space between paragraphs. The manuscript should be typed on white bond paper and follow the general format of previous Newsletters. Keep all typing within left and right hand margins of 3 cm, a top margin of 3 cm and a bottom margin of 2 cm. Do not number pages. Each paper should be prepared separately.
- 6.Manuscripts should be prepared carefully and proofread after typing because the editors do not have responsibility for errors or mistakes, obvious errors will be corrected by the editors
- A limited number of black and white photographs will be accepted. The photographs should be of good quality. The editorial committee reserves the right to make selection if it is necessary. In order to save cost of reproduction and get better quality, all photos will be reduced for reproduction in the Newsletter. Therefore, please prepare your original picture larger than the size to be printed.
- Lined figures: If you would like to keep the original figures, please send a glossy photo of the original to the editor, but NOT a photocopy.
- Please give your complete mailing address including the name of the country in all correspondence.
Send your manuscript before January 31, 1993 to:
Dr. J. D. Franckowiak
Crop and Weed Sciences Department
North Dakota State University
P.O. Box 5051
Fargo, ND 58105-5051
Telephone: (701) 237-7540
FAX no. +1 701 237-7973
Dr. D. E. Falk
Department of Crop Science
University of Guelph
Canada N1G 2W1
Telephone: (519) 824-4120
FAX no. +1 519 763-8933
table of contents |
BGN main index