Bioinformatics software developer
Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) SA is seeking a bioinformatics software developer to contribute to neXtProt (www.nextprot.org). neXtProt is an innovative integration platform that provides a wealth of curated and quality-graded data on human proteins and the necessary bioinformatics tools to analyze them. neXtProt is developed in collaboration between GeneBio and the SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics. Therefore, the selected candidate will be integrated to the neXtProt development team and will work in close relation with the CALIPHO group at the SIB (http://www.isb-sib.ch/groups/geneva/calipho-bairoch.html).
• Take a major role in the integration of biological data from large scale experiments in neXtProt database and in data life-cycle
• Participate to the definition of technical specifications, analyze requirements and implement solutions for the neXtProt platform analysis and visualization tools
• Validate solutions with our users and gather feedback for product improvement
Skills & experience
• Good knowledge of biological data from a wide variety of resources
• 2-3 years of experience developing with Java, knowledge of Perl is a strong plus
• Experience with Spring, Lucene, Hibernate and Grails frameworks
• Experience with relational databases
• Strong analytical, conceptual and pragmatic working approach
• Fluency in French and/or English
Do you have the right skills? Don’t hesitate; send us your CV, motivation letter and references by email to email@example.com with "NPDEV6" as the message subject line.