Senior bioinformatician/software developer
The SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics is seeking a senior bioinformatician/software developer to coordinate and contribute to the software development of neXtProt (www.nextprot.org). The selected candidate will join CALIPHO (http://www.isb-sib.ch/groups/geneva/calipho-bairoch.html), a joint group of the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics and the University of Geneva. CALIPHO aims to use a combination of bioinformatics and experimental methodologies to increase our knowledge of human proteins. neXtProt is an innovative integration platform that provides a wealth of curated and quality-graded data on human proteins and the necessary bioinformatics tools to analyze them.
• Participate in the establishment of goals and objectives of neXtProt.
• Define and prioritize tasks with neXtProt development team
• Manage data exchange with collaborating groups
• Responsible for code architecture, technological choices and ensuring development good practices
• Participate in the definition of tools for data analysis and visualization
• Take a major role in code development and database management
Skills & experience
• Excellent knowledge of biological data from a wide range of resources
• Strong experience in data integration and data life-cycle management. Experience in large-scale data management is a plus
• Experience with relational database and data modelisation. Knowledge of NoSQL databases is a plus
• Extensive experience in web application development
• Extensive experience developing with Java and frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Lucene, Grails
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Analytical mind and ability to synthesize information
• Fluent in French and English
Do you have the right skills? Don’t hesitate; send us your CV, motivation letter and references by email to email@example.com with "NPDEV7" as the message subject line.