The Department of Plant Sciences at North Dakota State University (NDSU) is seeking a postdoctoral research fellow with experience in manuscript publication, genomic selection, large data handling, statistical analysis, and plant breeding. Responsibilities to include: 1) Prediction of wheat end-use quality traits and disease resistance through traditional modeling and genomic techniques; 2) Introgression of novel traits into adapted germplasm via marker assisted backcrossing; and 3) Participation in wheat breeding activities in the seed laboratory, greenhouse, and field. This person will function as part of a large team in an applied wheat breeding program with the goal of developing hard spring wheat cultivars. Individual will work with the wheat breeding staff and colleagues in the Department of Plant Sciences. Continued employment contingent on satisfactory job performance and funding.
Minimum Qualifications include:
1) Ph.D. in plant breeding and genetics, or related discipline;
2) extensive experience in managing large datasets and statistical analysis;
3) excellent oral and written communication skills;
4) demonstrated record of publishing in peer reviewed journals;
5) experience with genome wide association analysis, genomic selection;
6) ability to perform all field and greenhouse activities; and
7) ability to work in a team oriented environment.
Preferred Qualifications include:
1) experience in wheat breeding and genetics;
2) experience of familiarity with wheat baking quality; and
3) experience working effectively in diverse groups.
The position is open until filled, with full consideration given to applications received by Nov. 30, 2018.
To view the complete job announcement and to apply for the position, the quick link for the job opening is: http://jobs.ndsu.edu/postings/9794. NDSU only accepts applications through this on-line employment site.
North Dakota State University is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
18/05/2019 (4 weeks)