POSITION TITLE: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
ORGANIZATION: North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND, USA
BENEFITS: Including retirement plan and full coverage for family health insurance
The Department of Plant Sciences, North Dakota State University, is seeking a postdoctoral research scientist to participate in a wheat molecular cytogenetic and genomic research project on homoeologous recombination-based alien gene introgression and genome mapping in wheat and its relatives. This is a four-year federal grant-supported position. The incumbent is responsible for inducing and identifying
homoeologous recombination between wheat and alien chromosomes and performing homoeologous recombination-based physical mapping of the wheat genome using FISH/GISH and molecular markers. In addition, the incumbent will participate in the evaluation of the recombinants for disease resistance and salt/waterlogging tolerance. The incumbent should be self-motivated and cooperative in a team work environment.
• Ph.D. degree in plant cytogenetics, genomics or a closely related discipline;
• Knowledge of molecular cytogenetics and chromosome engineering, especially FISH and GISH;
• Research experience in molecular marker analysis and chromosome mapping;
• Knowledge of genomics and plant breeding;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to work with others in a multicultural environment.
• Hands-on experience in plant molecular cytogenetic research, including mitotic and meiotic chromosome preparation, FISH/GISH, and microscopy;
• Hands-on experience in DNA marker development, chromosome mapping, and genome sequence analysis of cereal crops;
• Experience in high-throughput genotyping and trait evaluation.
SCREENING DATE: January 31, 2019; open till filled.
INSTRUCTION TO APPLICANTS:
A letter of application discussing how the stated qualifications are met, a detailed curriculum vitae, unofficial academic transcripts from all institutions attended, and names and addresses, including phone and email address of three current references from the most recent positions held. Please contact Dr. Xiwen Cai (Xiwen.Cai@ndsu.edu) if you have questions about the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Search for position number 1800965 and follow the instruction for application. Applications must be submitted online at: http://jobs.ndsu.edu/postings/9952. Incomplete files and email applications alone will not be considered.
North Dakota State University is an EEO/AA-MF/ Vet/ Disability.
25/07/2019 (2 days)