Oat Mapathon 2019
Oat Maps identified as important legacy maps were submitted to GrainGenes in early 2019 by our collaborators at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC).
Links to MapData records, Reference records, and brief descriptions of the map sets are listed below in publication order.
Those with asterisks were announced in February 2019 and are currently the only map sets in this list available in the CMap comparative mapping tool. Please note that this is not a complete list. See GrainGenes mapdata for all oat maps.
Oat-2017-U01BxU006: 738 loci on 52 linkage groups in UFRGS 01B7114-1-3 x UFRGS 00603-1; Oat-2017-UTauxU017: 543 loci on 49 linkage groups in URS Taura x UFRGS 017004-2 Ubert IP et al. (2017) Genetics and molecular mapping of the naked grains in hexaploid oat. Euphytica 213:41
Oat-2007-AsbxS42: Pc94 linked to a SNP on Assiniboia x S42; Oat-2007-CalxS42: on Calibre x S42. Chen G et al. (2007) Discovery and genotyping of high-throughput SNP markers for crown rust resistance gene Pc94 in cultivated oat. Pl Breed 126:379
Oat-2006-Am27xN Eg-5 mapped to 4 loci in Am27 x Neklan; Oat-2006-Am28xF Eg-5 maped to 6 loci in Am28 x Flamingsprofi. Yu and Herrmann (2006) Inheritance and mapping of a powdery mildew resistance gene introgressed from Avena macrostachya in cultivated oat. TAG 113:429
Oat-2006-U8xP 3 Flowering time QTL on UFRGS 8 x Pc68/5*Starter; Oat-2006-U8xU605 1 flowering time QTL in UFRGS 8 x UFRGS 930605; Oat-2006-U71xP 1 flowering time QTL in UFRGS 881971 x Pc68/5*Starter. Locatelli AB et al. (2006) Loci affecting flowering time in oat under short-day conditions. Genome 49:1528
* Oat-2006-LAG211 : 4 Aluminum tolerance QTL from an Avena strigosa population from CIav 2921 x CIav 9011. Wight et al. (2006) Identification of molecular markers for aluminium tolerance in diploid oat through comparative mapping and QTL analysis. TAG 112:222.
Oat-2004-OT328xDumont 20 loci on 4 maps including 4 Pc and Pg genes on OT328 x Dumont. Wight CP et al. (2004) Discovery, localization, and sequence characterization of molecular markers for the crown rust resistance genes Pc38, Pc39, and Pc48 in cultivated oat (Avena sativa L.). Mol Br 14:349
Oat-2004-CalxS42 Pc94 linked to SCAR markers in Calire x S42; Oat-2004-MS68xS42and in S42 x Pc68. Chong J et al. (2004) Development of sequence-characterized amplified region (SCAR) markers for resistance gene Pc94 to crown rust in oat. Can J Plant Path 26:89
* Oat-2004-TxM : 48 QTL, 430 loci on 34 linkage groups from a Terra x Marion (Canada) population. De Koeyer DL et al. (2004) A molecular linkage map with associated QTLs from a hulless x covered spring oat population. TAG 108:1285.
* Oat-2001-KxM : 148 AFLP and RFLP markers including two markers for the Accase (Avena) gene on 24 linkage groups from a Kanota by Marion (Canada) population. Groh S et al. (2001) Comparative AFLP mapping in two hexaploid oat populations. TAG 102:876.
* Oat-2000-KxO-Bgl: 7 beta-glucan QTL and associated markers in a Kanota x Ogle population. Kianian SF et al. (2000) Quantitative trait loci influencing beta-glucan content in oat (Avena sativa, 2n=6x=42). TAG 101:1039
* Oat-2000-KxM-Bgl: 4 beta-glucan QTL and associated markers in a Kanota x Marion (Canada) population. The actual KxM map is not presented in the paper, just a small number of associations. Kianian SF et al. (2000) Quantitative trait loci influencing beta-glucan content in oat (Avena sativa, 2n=6x=42). TAG 101:1039
* Oat-1999-KxM-Oil: 4 groat oil QTL on a a Kanota x Marion (Canada) population. Kianan SF et al. (1999) Association of a major groat oil content QTL and an acetyl-CoA carboxylase gene in oat. TAG 98:884
OAT-1999-2630X1994 Bgl1 linkage to EstS in A.strigosa x A.westii. Oat-1999-2630x3815 Bgl1, EstS, Gh, Lsp on A.strigosa; Oat-1999-3815-1994 EstS, Gh, Lsp on A.strigosa x A.westii Hoffman DL (1999) Inheritance and Linkage Relationships of Morphological and Isozyme Loci in As-genome Diploid Oat (Avena spp.). J Her 90:446
Oat-1997-207xK Dw6 linked to molecular markers on OT207 x Kanota; Oat-1997-AV17xK on Av17/3/10 x Kanota; and Oat-1997-AV18xK on AV18/2/4 x Kanota. Milach SCK et al. (19 97) Molecular genetic mapping of dwarfing genes in oat. TAG 95:783
Oat-1996-OT328xDumont 16 loci including pg-13, pg-9 and Avn-B2 on OT328 x Dumont. O'Donoughue LS el al. (1996) Localization of stem rust resistance genes and associated molecular markers in cultivated oat. Phytopathology 86:719
Oat-1996-ROxpg9 7 loci linked including pg9(PcX) on Rodney O x Rodney O-pg9. O'Donoughue LS el al. (1996) Localization of stem rust resistance genes and associated molecular markers in cultivated oat. Phytopathology 86:719
Oat-1994-AmagxS Pc91 gene linkage with umn145 in Amagalon x Starter-1. Rooney et al. (1994) Identification of RFLP markers linked to crown rust resistance genes Pc91 and Pc92 in oat. Crop Sci. 34:940.
Oat-1994-No59xPc68 Pc-68 linked to pg-9 on No.59 x Pc68. Chong J et al. (1994) Identification of the stem rust resistance gene Pg9 and its association with crown rust resistance and endosperm proteins in 'Dumont' oat. Genome 37:440
Oat-1980-Pc54xPc35: Pc-35 and Pc-54 linkage on Pc35 x Pc54. Martens JW et al.(1980) Resistance to Puccinia graminis avenae and P. coronata avenae in the wild and cultivated Avena populations of Iran, Iraq and Turkey. Can J Gen Cyt 22:641
Oat-1976-Pc39xPc55: Pc-39 and Pc-55 linkage on Pc39 x Pc55. Kiehn FA et al. (1976) Inheritance of resistance to Puccinia coronata avenae and its association with seed characteristics in four accessions of Avena sterilis. Can J Gen Cyt 18:717
Oat-1976-Pen2x1358 awnedness linked to grey lemma on Pendek x CAV 1358; Oat-1976-Pen2x1376 on Pendek x CAV 1376; and Oat-1976-Pen2x4963 on Pendek x CAV4963. Kiehn FA et al. (1976) Inheritance of resistance to Puccinia coronata avenae and its association with seed characteristics in four accessions of Avena sterilis. Can J Gen Cyt 18:717
Oat-1971-Pc46xPc50: Pc-46 and Pc-50 linkage on Pc46 x Pc50. Fleishmann Get al. (1971) Inheritance of crown rust resistance genes in Avena sterilis collections from Israel, Portugal, and Tunisia. Can J Gen Cyt 13:251
Oat-1965-HxE set. 6 mapdata sets are linked to the original publication on stem rust resistance in oats using Jostrain as a common parent. McKenzie and Green (1965) Stem rust resistance in oats. I. The inheritance of resistance to race 6AF in six varieties of oats. Can J Gen Cyt 7:268.