A Database for Triticeae and Avena
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introductory pages (pp. i-iii)
Title page, p. i
Foreword, p. ii
Acknowledgments, p. iii
Front page diagram, p. iii
Table of Contents, pp. iv-vi (this file)
I. Special Notices
1. The Third International Barley Genetics Symposium, p. 1
2. Announcing the Ninth American Barley Research Workers' Conference,
3. Third International Barley Genetics Symposium, July 7-12, 1975,
4. Barley Genetics Newsletter, p. 3
II. Research Notes
1. Temperature and recombination values. S.
Andersen and K. Andersen, p. 5
2. Some observations on the quenching of EMS mutagenic
action in barley by the use of sodium thiosulfate solutions. T. J.
Arnason, p. 6
3. A new character in barley--the squareheaded ear.
F. Kh. Bakhteyev, p. 7
4. Identification of a new high protein strain of
barley. H. C. Bansal, p. 8
5. Allele tests of gs and cer mutants.
R. F. Eslick, p. 9
6. Two genetic male steriles, msg6 and msg,,bk,
assigned to chromosome 6. R. F. Eslick, R. T. Ramage and D. R. Clark,
7. Positioning of genetic male sterile 5 (msg5)
on chromosome 3. R. F. Eslick and W. L. McProud, p. 16
8. Isolation of a set of primary trisomics in Klages
barley. C. E. Fastnaught and R. T. Ramage, p. 23
9. Effect of light intensity on expression of leaf
pubescence. G. Fedak, p. 24
10. Three chemical races in barley. S. Fröst,
11. Successive fragmentation in balanced tertiary
trisomics. P. T. Gymer, p. 28
12. Duplication of tandem satellites, Progress
report. P. Hagberg, p. 29
13. Allelism tests of chromosome 4 mutants.
T. E. Haus, p. 31
14. Telotrisomic studies for locating genetic control
of chromosome elimination. K. M. Ho and K. J. Kasha, p. 33
15. Chromosome elimination in interspecific hybrids
involving Hordeum arizonicum (6x) X Hordeum vulgare (2x)
and Hordeum arizonicum (6x) X Hordeum bulbosum (2x).
R. Islam and D. H. B. Sparrow, p. 36
16. Quantitative genetic analysis with qualitative
definable loci. S. Jana, p. 37
17. Genetic linkage map of barley chromosome 5.
I. A procedure to estimate linkage maps applied to literature data.
J. Jensen, p. 40
18. Genetic linkage map of barley chromosome 5.
II. An experiment with nine widely spaced loci. J. Jensen and J. H.
Jorgensen, p. 42
19. Location of the ml-o locus on barley
chromosome 4. J. H. Jørgensen, p. 43
20. Induced mutagenesis and problem of short culm
and lodging resistance in barley. M. R. Kozachenko, p. 44
21. Studies of the pleiotropic character complexes
in erectoides mutants. V. Lind and H. Gaul, p. 45
22. Genetic studies of some quantitative characters
of barley. V. T. Manzjuk and P. N. Barsukov, p. 48
23. Performance and seed quality of tetraploid
barley. V. T. Manzjuk and P. N. Barsukov, p. 49
24. Relation of nuclear proteins and lysine level
in Hiproly barley. R. G. McDaniel and M. Chery, p. 50
25. Histological and cytochemical studies on five
genetic male-sterile lines of barley (Hordeum vulgare L.). H.
R. Mian, J. Kuspira, G. W. R. Walker and N. Muntjewerff, p. 52
26. Linkage between the loci Amy 1 (alpha
- amylase), o (orange lemma) and xn (xantha seedling). G.
Nielsen and 0. Frydenberg, p. 53
27. Induction of chlorophyll-deficient mutations
in Steptoe by sodium azide. R. A. Nilan and C. Sander, p. 55
28. Further information of the rnt locus
on chromosome 3. S. Nonaka, p. 56
29. The inheritance of high lysine and crude protein
content in crosses between Hiproly and a normal lysine, low protein barley.
Odd-Arne Olsen and K. Aastveit, p. 58
30. The effect of sodium azide on the cell cycle
of the embryonic barley shoot. O. W. Pearson, R. A. Nilan and C. Sander,
31. A paracentric inversion in barley. G. Prasad,
32. Increasing the mutagenic efficiency of sodium
azide in barley. C. Sander and R. A. Nilan, p. 63
33. Ditelotetrasomic plants in barley. R. J.
Singh and T. Tsuchiya, p. 65
34. Further information on telotrisomic analysis
in barley. R. J. Singh and T. Tsuchiya, p. 66
35. Three-point tests on chromosome 1 and 7.
B. Søgaard, p. 70
36. New linkage data obtained during 1972-73 season.
R. Takahashi, J. Hayashi and I. Moriya, p. 74
37. Preliminary results on genetic studies of outer
glume characters in barley. T. Tsuchiya, p. 76
38. Allelism of f for chlorina and lg
for light green (chlorina) in chromosome 2S in barley. T. Tsuchiya,
39. Allelic relationship of genes for short-awned
mutants in barley. T. Tsuchiya, p. 80
40. Further results of allelism testing in barley.
Tsuchiya, p. 82
41. Additional cases of maternal inheritance of
chlorophyll mutations in barley. T. Tsuchiya, p. 86
42. Root character of curly mutants in barley.
T. Tsuchiya, p. 88
43. Linkage data for rb and mt3.
G. W. R. Walker, p. 90
44. Agronomic performance of eight chromosome barley
in Montana. G. A. Wiebe, p. 91
45. Eight paired barley lines. G. A. Wiebe,
R. T. Ramage and R. F. Eslick, p. 93
III. Genetic and Cytological Technique
1. Identification of zebra (zb) stripe character
at early seedling stage. T. Tsuchiya and R. J. Singh, p. 96
IV. Reports from Coordinators
1. Coordinator's report: Revised list of coordinators
in barley genetics. T. Tsuchiya, p. 98
2. Coordinator's report: Chromosome 2.
G.W.R. Walker, p. 99
3. Coordinator's report: Chromosome 4.
T. E. Haus, p. 101
4. Coordinator's report: Chromosome 5.
J. Jensen, p. 102
5. Coordinator's report: Chromosome 7.
G. Fedak, p. 106
6. Report from Genetic Stock Center at Fort Collins
Colorado. T. Tsuchiya, p. 107
7. Coordinator's report: Trisomics. T.
Tsuchiya, p. 110
8. Translocations and balanced tertiary trisomics.
Ramage, p. 111
9. Autotetraploids. O.W. Friedt and H. Gaul,
10. The genetic male sterile barley collection.
E.A. Hockett, p. 121
11. Desynaptic genes. J.M. Hernandez-Soriano
and and R.T. Ramage, p. 123
V. Current Linkage Maps
1. Linkage maps of barley as of March 1974.
T. Tsuchiya, p. 126
VI. List of Genetic Stocks
1. Supplemental list of genetic stocks for individual
chromosomes, p. 131
VII. Description of Genetic Stocks,
VIII. List of Recent Publications on Barley Genetics, p. 143
1. Errata in Barley Genetics Newsletter, p. 149
2. Errata in the barley genetics literature, p. 150
3. Corrections of barley genetics literature, p. 151
X. Mailing List, p. 153 (not included)
1. Libraries of universities and institutions, p. 153
2. Personal, p. 157
3. Supplemental list, p. 175
BGN Main Index